7/7/11

Ruisrock afterparty tomorrow - 5 downloadable rockers


Woof, woof! 5 good quality rockers handpicked from the vast internet?

Sure thing. Here's a five freely distributed songs I've been feeling lately. 320 or more, so they're good to go if you have your dj licenses set up.

1. Spottie Ottie (Dj Apt One edit)
An instrumental edit of a classic rap track.

2. Lasertom & Blast Crew - Heavens in the Backseat
A robo-polished cover version of Hot Chocolate. Kinda reminds me of DFA and Tiga.

3. Starks & Nacey - The Flip
"I'm known for that flip the kokaina". Don't know how to categorize this one... nu-house, club music, moonbahton? Whatever, I dig the texture and vocal sample.

4. JS666 - Close to the Edge
I generally don't like mashups that much, but this one's a winner. It's The Message with U2 and Specials, I guess.

*** Ruisrock SPECIAL ***
5. Robyn - Hang With Me (Drop Out Orchestra Rework)
Drop Out Orchestra is a winning new remix/production team from Sweden and here they remix Robyn who is one of the few Ruisrock stars. I think Drop Out Orchestra play real bass on their records and on their gigs.

Just to remind, we'll join Kimito Diskotek - who has a new mix up - tomorrow on the Ruisrock official afterparty. Free fun, starting from 10 at Klubi.

See you tomorrow,
- Peffis

No comments:

Post a Comment