3/3/11

5 downloadable freebies + Mixcloud opening


Ah, the sweet smell of FREE music. Now that's something we can all bond upon. Anyways, don't want to get into talking about what freely downloadable music does to listening experience or the value of music.

Here are my five picks from the vast internets. They are all 320 kbps or over, so you can blast them in your gigs (if you're a dj). Wouldn't play anything less, I get really annoyed if I hear distortion on files played. And yeah, they all went to distribution because their authors wanted.

Wizardz - Boogie Slyde (BlackLodge Synth Refix)
Nice and funky 80's jam with dope rhythms and bass. Lovingly refixed by BlackLodge who you should follow on Soundcloud for more goodness. BPM: 115.

Rodion + GoldenBug: Washing Machine (Bottin's Spin Cycle Edit)
Our favorite Venice dj is back with a rolling edit. I didn't like this at first, but then I got into the LOOP and DISCOvered it. Would guess this works well on a dance floor. Also BPM: 115

Maxwell - Bad Habits (Dave Nada Club mix)
This one's an older one. I guess bmore sounds are a bit year 2009, but this one still retains it's coolness. It's basically a slow jam, really stylistically spiced up for the dance floor. BPM: 128.

Shine 2009 - New Rules (Remix)
Not shamed to admit that I think Shine 2009 are the best new band around. They released this new remix a while back, it takes the sun-and-wind-like original to more danceable tempo and feel. BPM: 119.

Tahiti 80 - Darlin' (John Talabot's Oscuro Baile Remix)
John Talabot is one hell of a promising dj/producer from Barcelona. I really dig his way of doing these heavy, rhythmic songs that really aren't that fast. Check this interview with him for more insights. I have no idea about the original, but this remix is a winner. BPM: 114.

And yeah, in other news: I've put all the interviews I did with my Diskonservatorio show in Mixcloud. I also uploaded my old solo mix there since Soundcloud ran out of time.

Cheers,
- Peffis

No comments:

Post a Comment